Microsoft Build is an annual conference event conducted by Microsoft for developers using various Microsoft technologies.
Those days are gone when PC was the only way to connect internet. On those days Microsoft was the dominating company for PC. In todays world people uses mobile phones for internet and various utilities. PC sales are declining. At the same time Windows Phone is a fail. In summery Microsoft has been failed to retain the consumer market. Windows 10 and the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) is a good attempt but without mobile market those are not much use.
If you see the keynotes of this year Microsoft Build, you can understand that now they not paying much attention to consumer market anymore instead they are considering business users.
Windows brand helps them to get revenue for over 25 years. Now with declining PC sales Windows is also losing popularity. So, Microsoft must figure out the next thing after Windows and I think that will be Azure and AI.
There are some important announcements of Build this year.
- Azure and Microsoft 365 related announcements
- Azure IoT Edge
- Azure Conversational AI
- Cortana and Alexa will work together
- Microsoft Remote Assists
- Microsoft Layout
- AI based meeting room
- AI for accessibility
- Windows related announcements
- Microsoft Graph AP
- Timeline (for Windows, Android and iOS)
- Windows will be the second screen of Android and iOS (Inbox app)
- Linux line feed for Notepad
- New revenue model for consumer apps in Windows Store (not games and commercial app)
- Adaptive cards in Outlook
- .NET related announcements
- .NET Core 3
- Windows Forms App and WPF will work with .NET Core
Please look at the below YouTube videos for details of these items stated above.